On Tuesday May 14, EADGENE_S and the Animal Task Force together organise a seminar on integrated approaches for securing animal health in Europe in Brussels.
The event brings together science, policy and industry to discuss the integrated approaches needed for securing animal health in Europe and to outline research priorities in animal health for the coming years.
What’s in it for you?
Whether you are a policy maker in agriculture, working in the animal production industry, or a researcher in livestock science or veterinary science:
- Get an integrated view on animal health from science, policy & industry
- Get an overview of state-of-the-art knowledge on the opportunities of animal breeding and genomics for animal health
- Discuss integrated approaches for securing food safety and security
- Together define research priorities for the future
Mrs. Mairead McGuinness - Member of European Parliament - will host the event.
Along with the seminar, three EADGENE_S satellite meetings are organised:
09:00 - 12:00 Satellite workshop
: ‘overview FP7 projects on animal health’ read more
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 17:30 Seminar ‘Healthy livestock & people’ detailed programme
18:30 - 21:00 Dinner meeting
: industry session - from theory to practice read more
9:00 - 13:00 Satellite workshop
: miRNA workshop (Location: Casa Lombardia, Brussels) read more
- Christian Patermann, former Director of DG Research & Innovation
- Mairead McGuinness, Member of European Parliament
- Marie-Hélène Pinard-van der Laan, EADGENE _S coordinator
- Steve Bishop, Professor of Animal Disease Genetics, The Roslin Institute & R(D)SVS, University of Edinburgh
- Bill Stanley, Aviagen Group
- Anne-Sophie Lequarre, Research programme officer, DG Research & Innovation
- Jean-Charles Cavitte, Scientific officer, DG Research & Innovation
- Juan Lubroth, Chief Veterinary Officer, FAO
Please find travel advice to EADGENE-S and ATF seminar “Healthy Livestock and people” here
Please complete this email